Spinal Cord Injury
If you or a loved one is dealing with the effects of a spinal cord injury, Good Shepherd’s expert staff can help with rehabilitation services for your lifespan.
Good Shepherd offers an aggressive, integrated approach to rehabilitation, which is designed to restore you to your highest potential physically, socially and emotionally.
At Good Shepherd, our team will work with you and your family to develop a treatment plan focused on meeting your goals.
Levels of care:
- Long-Term Acute Care
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- In-Home Therapy Services
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Long-Term Care
Highlights of Good Shepherd’s Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program include:
- Continence and urodynamics testing, treatment and education
- Driver training
- Evaluation of and treatment for functional impairments that result from spinal cord injury
- Evaluation of and treatment for speech and language impairments or swallowing disorders
- Evaluation of and treatment for cognitive or linguistic impairments
- Home and work evaluations
- Recreational opportunities and sports training
- Referrals to appropriate community resources
- Treatment and education relating to sexuality issues
- Ventilator weaning
- Wheelchair seating and mobility clinic
Medical Cannabis for spinal cord injuries:
Numerous research studies have demonstrated the proper use medical cannabis as an effective agent to relieve pain and reduce spasticity associated with certain diseases and conditions. Following a thorough evaluation, Good Shepherd physiatrists will certify appropriate patients for medical cannabis use as part of a comprehensive treatment plan that requires follow up care. For additional information, please click here.
Assistive technology for individuals with spinal cord injuries:
Good Shepherd is a Center of Excellence in the use of technology to enhance lives and augment rehabilitation. At Good Shepherd, our team uses leading-edge rehabilitation technology, coupled with expert hands-on therapy, to help maximize function and increase independence in our patients. We also offer a vast array of assistive technologies to help improve your independence. Learn more about the technologies available at Good Shepherd.
View patient education videos here or watch the entire playlist below.