If you are medically stable but fragile, you may need extended medical and nursing care at the Good Shepherd Specialty Hospital. Long-term acute care (LTCH) is appropriate for patients who are too ill to be discharged to a nursing facility, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital or their homes.
The Good Shepherd Specialty Hospital, which was the first facility of its kind in the Lehigh Valley, is a 32-bed long-term acute care hospital in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. You may be referred by a physician, insurance company, discharge planner, social worker, home health agency or family member.
Visitors are welcome 24/7. Doors are locked from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. If you would like to visit during these times, call 484-884-5020 to gain entry.
Good Shepherd Specialty Hospital Specialized Programs:
The Good Shepherd Specialty Hospital care team:
- Your care team, which meets each week to discuss your progress, is led by a physician.
- Care managers
- Physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapists
- Registered nurses specializing in ICU and medical/surgical
Diagnoses treated at the Good Shepherd Specialty Hospital include:
- Bariatric issues
- Brain injury
- Cardiovascular disease
- Complex and pressure wounds
- Complicated fractures
- Medically complex issues
- Multiple drug resistant organisms (MDROs)
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Spinal cord injury
- Stroke (CVA)
- Surgical recuperation
- Tracheotomies with complications
- Trauma injuries
- Ventilator dependency or respiratory failure
- Cardiac monitoring
- Long-term IV antibiotics
- Wound V.A.C. therapy
Good Shepherd Specialty Hospital
at Lehigh Valley Hospital-Muhlenberg
South Entrance, 3rd and 4th Floors
2545 Schoenersville Rd.
Bethlehem, PA 18017
For more information on the Good Shepherd Specialty Hospital, contact us or call 484-884-5000 (option 2).