Comprehensive Concussion Program
The Good Shepherd Difference: A Comprehensive Approach
Concussion recovery starts at Good Shepherd. Our team of physicians, therapists and optometrists specialize in concussion diagnosis and treatment to help you recover and get back to your life. No one else can offer Good Shepherd's expertise and leading-edge technology. Our sole focus is on getting you better, faster.
Benefits of Good Shepherd’s Comprehensive Concussion Program:
- Physician Led Program -- Within 48 hours, you will see one of our physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians who will evaluate you, create a customized therapy/care plan and manage your progress.
- Focus on Physical and Cognitive Symptoms – A concussion can create personality and mood changes, as well as hamper your ability to process information. Good Shepherd’s neuropsychology team can evaluate your symptoms and help you cope with the effects of your concussion on your everyday life.
- A Helping Hand Every Step of the Way – Every Good Shepherd concussion patient is assigned a care navigator who will answer your questions and ensure you receive the right care at the right time.
- An evaluation with our optometrist, as well as vision therapy, are the keys to a more successful recovery.
- Your Multi-disciplinary Approach for Complete Recovery
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Balance therapy
- Vision therapy
- Impact testing
- Neuro optometry
- Headache management, including medial management, Botox® injections, trigger points injections, occipital nerve blocks
- Nutrition counseling