CedarPointe / Functional Capacity Evaluations
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation - CedarPointe offers Functional Capacity Evaluations for individuals who want to get back to work following a work injury.
A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is an evaluation that focuses on musculoskeletal strength, endurance, speed, flexibility, mobility and dexterity to determine a patient’s functional ability. This evaluation typically last four hours and allows the evaluator to determine each client’s current and potential functional and vocational status.
Type of Functional Capacity Evaluations
- A Baseline Functional Capacity Evaluation determines the client’s current functional and work ability. It also is used to determine work tolerances for return to work when a target job is unknown.
- A Job-Specific Functional Capacity Evaluation assesses the client’s work tolerances in comparison to the demands of his or her target job.
- A Medical-Legal Functional Capacity Evaluation addresses a client’s physical tolerances, loss of ability and rehabilitation potential. This Functional Capacity Evaluation is completed in preparation for determining a client’s loss of earning capacity and future cost of care.
Process for Obtaining a Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Obtain a doctor’s prescription for a Functional Capacity Evaluation.
- Get payment approval for the evaluation from your workers compensation insurance or an alternate payor. Good Shepherd’s experienced administrative staff is available to help with this process.
- Complete all forms you receive in the mail from Good Shepherd Rehabilitation-CedarPointe. Please bring these forms to the evaluation appointment.
- Provide a complete copy of your medical history from your doctor, as well as a job description from your employer. Both are required at the time of your evaluation.
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation-CedarPointe
1651 North Cedar Crest Blvd., Suite 100
Allentown, PA 18104
Request an Appointment