GSRN Earns CARF Accreditation for Seven Programs
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network recently was granted accreditation and re-accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for seven programs – more than any other provider in our region.
CARF is an independent, non-profit accrediting organization, which works to ensure that high standards of care and quality are met by its accredited inpatient rehabilitation providers.
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital has been accredited by CARF since 1983. The most recent three-year accreditation applies to the following programs:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital (Pediatric Specialty Program)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital: Amputation Specialty Program (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital: Brain Injury Specialty Program (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital: Spinal Cord System of Care (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs – Hospital: Stroke Specialty Program (Adults)
- Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs: Spinal Cord Injury System of Care (Adults)
Additionally, Good Shepherd was recognized for exemplary conformance to CARF standards for its inpatient pediatric feeding program.
Attaining seven CARF accreditations was challenging, but the achievement solidifies Good Shepherd’s position among the nation’s top tier rehabilitation providers.
Accreditation is one of a number of measurement tools that helps our community understand quality and compare providers. Good Shepherd Associates provide exceptional care and embrace an environment of quality measurement and accountability.
In addition to CARF accreditation, Good Shepherd’s programs and services are accredited by numerous independent agencies, including:
Good Shepherd’s two long-term care facilities also have earned U.S. News and World Report’s Best Nursing Homes highest rating – five stars – five years in a row.
I would like to thank Good Shepherd’s more than 2,100 Associates who provide the organization’s trademark compassionate care and excellent service. Thank you for your willingness to go above and beyond your daily workload to prepare for and take part in surveys that prove Good Shepherd’s excellence. You – and the quality care you provide – are the reason patients and families INSIST on Good Shepherd.
For more information about Good Shepherd’s programs and services, call 1-888-44-REHAB (73422) or contact us online today.