Nutrition Wellness Program
Good nutrition is essential to well-being and longevity for adults and to growth and development for teenagers. Maximizing nutrition may also aid in recovering from an illness or injury.
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network's outpatient Nutrition Program provides individualized sessions with a dietitian to assess nutrition needs and weight goals, explore food choices, create menus and recommend vitamins and supplements. Whether a patient needs to gain or lose weight, adhere to a special diet or requires food of a special consistency, nutrition counseling can help maximize nutrition to reach wellness goals.
Nutrition Wellness Services:
- Initial Assessment: Weight measured, eating behaviors explored and a food log implemented
- Nutrition Sessions with a Dietitian: A personalized nutrition plan is developed with agreed-upon goals. The number of sessions with the dietitian is based on the plan and goals.
- Nutrition Behavior Therapy
Nutrition Needs for the Following Conditions:
- Celiac Disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Down Syndrome
- Endocrine Disorders, including Diabetes
- Enteral Nutrition/Tube Feeding
- Feeding and Swallowing Disorders
- Food Allergies
- Food Aversions
- Gastric Bypass (post-surgery)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, such as Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Neurological Disorders, such as ALS and Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Sports Nutrition
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Tube Feeding Management
- Vegetarian/Vegan Diet
- Weight Management: Underweight/Overweight
Call 610-776-3173 (Monday through Friday) or request an appointment online.
Most health-care insurances cover the cost of nutrition counseling. Insurance will be verified prior to your appointment.
Nutrition Wellness Program Available at:
Good Shepherd Health & Technology Center
850 S. Fifth Street
Allentown, PA 18103