If you or a loved one has a severe disability, Good Shepherd’s expert staff can help with rehabilitation services for your lifespan.
Whether you’re looking for a lifelong home, short-term intensive rehabilitation or services to help you maintain your function and independence, Good Shepherd has a program or service appropriate for you.
Levels of care:
- Good Shepherd’s two long-term care facilities offer a caring environment to individuals with chronic physical and neuromuscular disabilities.
- Inpatient rehabilitation is available at four eastern Pennsylvania locations. Here, you will receive three hours of physical, speech or occupational therapy each day.
- Good Shepherd offers numerous outpatient rehabilitation facilities to help you maintain your function and independence.
- Good Shepherd's Pediatrics Program is available for children with severe disabilities.
- Many of Good Shepherd’s wellness programs, including fitness opportunities, home modification and more, are appropriate for individuals with severe disabilities.
Good Shepherd offers services for a range of severe disabilities, including:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig ’s disease)
- Brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular diseases
- Spinal cord injury
- Spina bifida
Assistive technology for people with severe disabilities:
Good Shepherd is a Center of Excellence in the use of technology to enhance lives and augment rehabilitation. At Good Shepherd, our team uses leading-edge technology, to help maximize your function and increase your independence. Learn more about the technologies available at Good Shepherd.