If you are recovering from a work injury, Good Shepherd’s expert care team can help you return to your job quickly and safely.
Levels of care:
At Good Shepherd, we understand that each work injury – and each patient – is unique. That’s why we develop specific treatment plans to help you achieve your specific goals.
With a professional team approach, Good Shepherd's clinicians provide expert care for musculoskeletal injuries and pain.
Musculoskeletal disorders treated include:
- Joint Pain (shoulder, hips, knees)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Biceps tendonitis
- Epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Plantar fascitis
- Morton neuroma
- Retrocalcaneal bursitis
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Muscle injuries
- Nerve entrapment
Spine disorders treated include:
- Neck and back pain, including post-operative back pain
- Discogenic pain
- Herniated disc disease
- Facet joint pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Work Injury Program Specialties:
- Work Conditioning: Through aerobic conditioning, strength training, job simulation, body mechanics training and stretching, Good Shepherd's clinical team will increase your physical capacity as it relates to your job. Essentially, Good Shepherd's therapists will teach you how to work properly and safely, getting you back to work quickly and keeping you healthy.
- Education: Good Shepherd's team will teach you general anatomy, proper lifting techniques and body mechanics.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE): This detailed assessment will evaluate your consistency of effort and help determine when you can return to work. Functional Capacity Evaluations are offered at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation-CedarPointe in Allentown.