Living well in spite of multiple sclerosis demands perseverance and a commitment to developing new strategies to accomplish your goals in the face of physical, mental and emotional challenges.
If you or a loved one has multiple sclerosis, Good Shepherd’s Multiple Sclerosis Program can help.
At Good Shepherd, we offer comprehensive MS services in a care model that focuses on teamwork and partnership. We work directly with you to develop goals and appropriate treatment plans to help you get the most out of your rehabilitation and the most out of your life.
Levels of care:
- Long-Term Acute Care
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- In-Home Therapy Services
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Long-Term Care
Highlights of Good Shepherd's MS Program:
- Assesses and treats the cognitive challenges associated with MS
- Helps you and your family cope with the emotional struggles associated with MS through counseling
- Helps you develop leisure skills and interests
- Improves your swallowing and nutrition
- Provides care management services to assess your needs, connect you with vital community services and help to coordinate and manage continuity of care
- Provies continence training from certified urodynamics professionals
- Trains you in activities of daily living, including the use of adaptive devices and energy conservation techniques
Rehabilitation technology for individuals with multiple sclerosis:
Good Shepherd is a Center of Excellence in the use of technology to enhance lives and augment rehabilitation. At Good Shepherd, our team uses leading-edge rehabilitation technology, coupled with expert hands-on therapy, to help maximize function and increase independence in our patients. Learn more about the technologies available at Good Shepherd.