Women's Health Issues
Women experience unique issues as their bodies change throughout their lives. The specially trained therapists in the Good Shepherd Women’s Health Program are here to help.
Levels of care:
Good Shepherd’s Women’s Health Program specializes in evaluating and treating:
- Urinary Incontinence: Our therapists emphasize muscle re-education and strengthening as they instruct you using special exercises and biofeedback.
- Osteoporosis: Our therapists address lifestyle management and instruct you in exercise and home programs. We also help you manage pain while providing information and treatment aimed at preventing deformities.
- Primary and Secondary Lymphedema: Our therapists provide Complete Physical Decongestive Therapy (also known as MLD) for lymphedema . This includes manual massage, compression wrapping, home instruction, garment fitting and dispensing, along with scar management and joint motion and flexibility exercises.
- Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia: Our therapists address loss of motion, joint deformities and pain by instructing you in range of motion exercises, providing fabrication braces, applying modalities and teaching techniques for energy and joint conservation.
- Pelvic Pain: Our therapists address muscle weakness and loss of muscle tone with biofeedback and electrical stimulation to restore your optimal function.
- Wellness and Preventive Medicine (Adolescent and Adult): Our therapists develop a progressive lifelong exercise program to meet your unique strengthening and flexibility needs.
- Female Athlete (including nutrition): Our therapists develop treatment plans specific to you to address athletic and recreational injuries. Nutritional counseling is also available.
- Support Services Available: Physicians specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation are available for consultation or medical management. Nutrition and psychological counseling is also available.
For more information on the Women’s Health Program, contact us , call 1-888-44-REHAB (73422) (Health & Technology Center) or 484-778-0700 (CedarPointe) or Request an Appointment .