Not all stroke rehabilitation is the same - Insist on Good Shepherd.
Good Shepherd's complete stroke care helps patients maximize their recovery through a combination of expert, hands-on therapy and leading-edge rehabilitation technology.
Good Shepherd's Stroke Rehab Difference:
- A specialized medical team coordinates inpatient and outpatient care and includes physicians, rehabilitation nurses and therapists.
- 3 or more hours of therapy, 5 days per week, for patients at Good Shepherd's 4 area rehabilitation hospital units.
- A full range of rehabilitation services and technologies not found anywhere else in the region.
- Good Shepherd patients have the best chance to regain speech, physical and brain function.
- CARF accredited Stroke Specialty Rehabilitation Program (inpatient)
- Inpatient and outpatient neuropsychology services
Levels of care:
Good Shepherd offers numerous transitional programs for stroke survivors . These wellness programs, support groups and fitness opportunities will help you maintain your health and function following a stroke.
Rehabilitation technology for stroke survivors:
Good Shepherd is a Center of Excellence in the use of technology to enhance lives and augment rehabilitation. At Good Shepherd, our team uses leading-edge rehabilitation technology to help maximize function and increase independence in our patients.
Good Shepherd was the first rehab facility in North America to have Ekso with Variable Assist .
- Ekso is a wearable, bionic suit that enables individuals with lower extremity paralysis or weakness to stand and walk. Battery powered motors drive the legs and replace neuro-muscular function.
- Variable Assist is software that allows Good Shepherd's clinicians to augment their patients' strength by tuning the amount of power contributed to help walking efforts for either leg.
Learn more about the technologies available at Good Shepherd .
Good Shepherd’s Stroke Rehabilitation Program specializes in evaluating and treating:
For more information on the Good Shepherd Stroke Rehabilitation Program, contact us , call 1-888-44-REHAB (73422) or Request an Appointment .
See how Good Shepherd uses Ekso with Variable Assist to help stroke patients: