If you or a loved one has suffered multiple injuries, from broken bones to brain injury, due to a car accident or other serious incident, Good Shepherd’s Multi-trauma Program can help to increase your function and independence.
Good Shepherd’s multi-disciplinary team of experts will work together to create a treatment plan specifically for you. We take great care to ease your transition from acute care to the rehabilitation setting and, eventually, back into the community. At Good Shepherd, we consider both you and your family as integral members of the rehabilitation team and we actively involve you in all treatment decisions.
Levels of care:
- If you are stable and ready to leave an acute-care hospital, but are not well enough to go to a rehabilitation hospital or another setting, our long-term acute care hospital may be appropriate for you.
- Inpatient Multi-Trauma rehabilitation for adults is available at Good Shepherd’s four inpatient facilities. Here you will receive three hours of physical, speech or occupational therapy each day.
- Inpatient Multi-Trauma rehabilitation for children is available at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital Pediatric Unit.
- Good Shepherd offers numerous outpatient rehabilitation facilities to help you continue your progress with activities of daily living and more.
- Many of Good Shepherd’s wellness programs, including fitness opportunities, home modification and more, are appropriate for individuals following multi-trauma injuries.
Assistive and rehabilitation technology for Multi-Trauma patients:
Good Shepherd is a Center of Excellence in the use of technology to enhance lives and augment rehabilitation for children and adults. At Good Shepherd, our team uses leading-edge rehabilitation and assistive technology, coupled with expert hands-on therapy, to help maximize function and increase independence in our patients. Learn more about the technologies available at Good Shepherd.
Services offered in Good Shepherd’s Multi-Trauma Program include:
- Aquatic therapy
- Dysphagia therapy
- Continence training
- Home modification
- Hand therapy
- Infection control (IV antibiotics)
- Medical management
- Nutritional therapy (TPN, PEG/tube feeding)
- Occupational therapy
- Pastoral care
- Physical therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Social work services
- Speech and language therapy
- Substance abuse counseling