Opportunities for Students
Observing, shadowing and interning are great ways to learn more about a profession and decide if a career in healthcare is right for you. Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network welcomes both clinical and non-clinical students who wish to learn from our nationally-recognized experts in rehabilitation and patient care.
You are considered a clinical/non-clinical student if you are registered for credit hours in a program of study. You may or may not have direct patient contact in the context of your internship/practicum.
- Step one: Contact Eugene Anderson , nurse educator, at 610-778-9276 to make sure that your school has a signed Good Shepherd contract.
- Step two: Complete the student orientation packet . Please note length of document before printing and proof of flu vaccination is required during flu season.
- Step three: Return the student orientation packet to Susan Lee , director of quality and regulatory compliance, at 610-776-3286 (fax).
Student Observer/Shadower You are considered a student observer/shadower if you wish to simply observe work performed within Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network. You cannot have any direct patient contact (keep a physical distance of 3 – 5 feet from the patient), and your time cannot exceed 24 hours.
- Step One: Complete the student observer packet
- Step Two: If planning to observe/shadow during flu season, you must submit proof of flu vaccination.
- Step Two: Return the packet to JoAnn Frey , volunteer coordinator, at 610-776-3125.