Good Shepherd offers inpatient brain injury rehabilitation at four eastern Pennsylvania locations, where you will receive three hours of physical, speech and occupational therapy each day.
A team of brain injury specialists, which is directed and monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation , will work with you and your family to develop goals and an individualized treatment plan to reach them. Throughout your stay, you will meet regularly with the treatment team to assess your progress.
Inpatient brain injury rehabilitation for children is available at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital Pediatric Unit .
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program features:
- Access to state-of-the-art therapy and rehabilitation technology
- A team approach to treatment
- Conferences and education for you and your family
- Cost-effective program components
- Discharge planning to help you plan the next step in your recovery
- Professional case management
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program specialties:
- Our brain injury rehabilitation team is monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Good Shepherd’s certified rehabilitation nurses (CRRNs) are specially trained to provide care to patients undergoing rehabilitation.
- Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital – Allentown is fully accredited by CARF (Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities)
- Our expert physical, speech and occupational therapists provide three hours of therapy per day for each patient.
- Good Shepherd’s Department of Speech and Communications provides expert cognitive/linguistic treatment and offers a Dysphagia Program to treat swallowing disorders.
- Continence training from certified urodynamics professionals is available.
- Psychological services are available to help you and your family cope with the lifestyle changes brought about by brain injury.
- Support groups for teens and adults are available to help you cope with the challenges of brain injury.
- Social work and professional case management services are available.
- Pastoral care is available to tend to your spiritual needs.
- Good Shepherd’s Adaptive Driving Program can help get you back on the road following a brain injury.
- Recreational therapy helps you get back into life and offers opportunities for social interaction.
- Vocational rehabilitation and other services are available.
For more information on the Good Shepherd Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program, contact us , call 1-888-44-REHAB (73422) or Request an Appointment .