Good Shepherd offers inpatient spinal cord rehabilitation at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital-Allentown , where you will receive three hours of physical, speech and occupational therapy each day.
A team of spinal cord injury specialists, which is directed and monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, will work with you and your family to develop goals and an individualized treatment plan to reach them. Throughout your stay, you will meet regularly with the treatment team to assess your progress.
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program features:
- Access to state-of-the-art therapy and rehabilitation technology
- A team approach to treatment
- Continence and urodynamics testing, treatment and education
- Discharge planning to help you plan the next step in your recovery
- Educational for you and your family to discuss issues relating to your life and your care
- Evaluation of and treatment for cognitive or linguistic impairments
- Evaluation of and treatment for speech and language impairments or swallowing disorders
- Intensive occupational therapy will help you learn to do everyday tasks
- Opportunities to enter the community and learn how to be independent while using a wheelchair
- Professional case management
- Treatment and education relating to sexuality issues
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program specialties:
- Our spinal cord injury rehabilitation team is monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Good Shepherd’s certified rehabilitation nurses (CRRNs) are specially trained to proved care to patients undergoing rehabilitation.
- Our expert physical, speech and occupational therapists provide three hours of therapy per day for each patient.
- Good Shepherd’s Department of Speech and Communications provides expert cognitive/linguistic treatment.
- Continence training from certified urodynamics professionals is available.
- Psychological services are available to help you and your family to cope with the lifestyle changes brought about by spinal cord injury.
- Social work and professional case management services are available.
- Pastoral care is available to tend to your spiritual needs.
- Good Shepherd’s Adaptive Driving Program can help get you back on the road following a spinal cord injury.
- Recreational therapy helps you get back into life and offers opportunities for social interaction.
- Vocational rehabilitation and other services are available.
For more information on the Good Shepherd Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program , contact us , call 610-776-3100 or Request an Appointment .