Good Shepherd offers inpatient amputee rehabilitation at four eastern Pennsylvania locations, where you will receive three hours of physical and occupational therapy each day.
A team of amputee rehabilitation specialists, which is directed and monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, will work with you and your family to develop goals and a treatment plan to reach them. Throughout your stay, you will meet regularly with the treatment team to assess your progress.
Inpatient traumatic amputation rehabilitation for children is available at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital Pediatric Unit .
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient Amputee Rehabilitation Program features:
- An interdisciplinary team approach to treatment
- Access to state-of-the-art therapy and assistive technology
- Discharge planning to help you plan the next step in your recovery
- Professional case management
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient Amputee Rehabilitation Program specialties:
- Our amputee rehabilitation team is monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation .
- Good Shepherd’s certified rehabilitation nurses (CRRNs) are specially trained to provide care to patients undergoing rehabilitation.
- Our expert physical and occupational therapists provide three hours of therapy per day for each patient.
- Psychological services are available to help you and your family cope with the lifestyle changes brought about by amputation.
- A Prosthetic and Orthotic Clinic is available to help you find the right tools to fit your needs.
- Social work and professional case management services are available.
- Pastoral care is available to tend to your spiritual needs.
- Good Shepherd’s Adaptive Driving Program can help get you back on the road following an amputation.
- Recreational therapy helps you get back into life and offers opportunities for social interaction.
- Vocational rehabilitation and other services are available.
For more information on the Good Shepherd Amputee Rehabilitation Program, contact us , call 610-776-3100 or Request an Appointment .