Pediatric Physical Therapy
Good Shepherd’s Pediatric Physical Therapy Program offers a compassionate, caring and fun way to improve your child’s physical function and independence.
Pediatric Physical Therapy is coordinated by a team of experienced physical therapists and physical therapist assistants, who develop a treatment program designed to meet your family’s goals.
We strive to optimize your child’s gross motor and functional skills using a variety of innovative and fun techniques.
Rehabilitation services provided by Good Shepherd Pediatric Physical Therapy include:
- Aquatic therapy
- Equipment evaluations
- Orthotic management
- Kinesio Taping®: A state-of-the-art taping method to give support to and prevent overcontraction of muscles
- Serial casting: A technique to gradually increase the range of motion of an affected joint
- The Bioness L300: A functional electrical stimulation system designed to help children with neurological disorders affecting the lower extremities
- Body-weight supported treadmill training
Physical disabilities served by Good Shepherd’s Pediatric Physical Therapy Program include:
- Brain injury
- Musculoskeletal/orthopedic disabilities
- Neurological disorders
- Spinal cord injury