Supported Independent Living Facilities
If you are an adult with a disability who has dreamed of living independently, Good Shepherd’s Supported Independent Living Apartments may be right for you.
The 18 housing units in Good Shepherd’s Supported Independent Living Apartments are equipped with technologies to help you live independently and safely, without needing 24-hour nursing home care.
Benefits of Good Shepherd’s Supported Independent
- Convenient location close to schools, grocery stores, shopping, restaurants, churches, hospitals, medical facilities, public transportation, banks and parks
- Qualifying individuals pay on 30 percent of their adjusted gross income in rent.
- A utility allowance is included.
- Spacious, accessible kitchens and bathrooms
- Card access security system
- Complete sprinkler system
- Multipurpose meeting room
- Covered patio
Assistive technologies available include:
- Automatic lifts to increase your mobility and help you access your bed and bathroom
- State-of-the-art environmental controls to help you activate appliances, lights and other devices
- Electronically controlled countertops, shelving and stoves
- Automatic power entry doors
Good Shepherd’s Supported Independent Living Apartments are designed specifically for people with severe disabilities and low income. Applicants MUST meet the federal HUD income eligibility criteria in order to be considered for admission.
The complex is funded by Good Shepherd, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh. Grosse and Quade Management Company serves as the facility’s sponsor and property manager.
Good Shepherd Supported Independent Living Apartments
Good Shepherd Plaza
909 South Sixth Street
Allentown, PA 18103