- Press Releases
- Press Room
- Recent Headlines
- Be Well Newsletter
- Allergies Impact Balance Issues
- AquaStretch Increases Flexibility
- Aquatic Therapy Aids Overweight Patients
- Better Balance Reduces Falls
- Childhood Speech Delays
- Fall Prevention for Older Adults
- Fitness Program for Kids
- Handwriting Still an Important Tool
- Hey, Adults - Let's Go Play!
- Improving Brain Timing and Processing
- Living with Spinal Stenosis
- Pilates as Physical Therapy
- Reuse and Recycle Adaptive Equipment
- Specialized Rehab for Cancer Survivors
- Sprains and Strains
- Stepping Toward Stroke Recovery
- Text Neck Headaches
- The Quarterback of Concussion Management
- The Truth About Weight Loss
- Treating Herniated Disc Back Pain
- When Fashion Causes Pain
- Be Well Blog
Be Well Newsletter
With tablets and computers, text messages and emails, do we really need to know how to write by hand? Of course! We need to be able to fill out forms, write down notes and sign our signature. Handwriting is still an essential part of our lives and a vital skill for children to...
Many of us lead such busy lives that we forgo fun and recreational activities. Leisure activities are usually pushed to the bottom of our “to do” lists. When asked, many people are unable to identify personal leisure activities. But well-being requires a balance of work, rest and play....
People who are overweight may suffer from physical ailments such as joint and back pain, fibromyalgia and arthritis. These patients may find exercise daunting and/or painful, but aquatic therapy may be the answer.
You know that exercise is important for your good health, but did you know that exercise alone does not typically burn enough calories to produce significant weight loss? Dietary changes are responsible for about 80 percent of weight loss, so the secret of losing weight is changing eating...
A pair of four-inch heels and an over-the-shoulder purse may complete a fashionista’s outfit, but today’s trendy shoes and over-sized bags can harm body mechanics and cause pain.
“Wearing high heels increases the risk of sprained ankles, low back pain...
Today’s healthy adults probably were very active children. From riding bicycles to playing tag, active children create a foundation for a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately, more children are sitting on the couch playing video games today than are running the bases for a pick-up baseball game....
Two years ago, Michele Blivin suffered a massive bilateral stroke that left her unable to talk, walk, hold her head up or use her hands. After several months. Michele began to regain some of her mobility but she was unable to walk.