- Press Releases
- Press Room
- Recent Headlines
- Be Well Newsletter
- Allergies Impact Balance Issues
- AquaStretch Increases Flexibility
- Aquatic Therapy Aids Overweight Patients
- Better Balance Reduces Falls
- Childhood Speech Delays
- Fall Prevention for Older Adults
- Fitness Program for Kids
- Handwriting Still an Important Tool
- Hey, Adults - Let's Go Play!
- Improving Brain Timing and Processing
- Living with Spinal Stenosis
- Pilates as Physical Therapy
- Reuse and Recycle Adaptive Equipment
- Specialized Rehab for Cancer Survivors
- Sprains and Strains
- Stepping Toward Stroke Recovery
- Text Neck Headaches
- The Quarterback of Concussion Management
- The Truth About Weight Loss
- Treating Herniated Disc Back Pain
- When Fashion Causes Pain
- Fundraising Events
- Be Well Blog
Reuse and Recycle Adaptive Equipment
Most of us feel good about recycling items that are no longer needed. Did you know that the “go green” effort is available for adaptive equipment, too? The Reused and Exchanged Equipment Partnership (REEP) Online Classifieds help facilitate the donation or sale of previously owned assistive technology.
The REEP Classifieds are accessible to people with disabilities, their families, friends or other individuals who are looking to find, purchase, donate or sell adaptive equipment, including:
- Stair glides
- Adapted vehicles
- Vision aids
- Communication devices.
Sellers and donors may post their own listings, including photos of the devices. REEP also includes listings for centers to refurbish, repair and donate items to those with disabilities living in Pennsylvania.
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network is the official Assistive Technology Resource Center for the region that includes Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Berks, Schuylkill, Carbon and Luzerne counties. The designation is from the Pennsylvania Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT). Good Shepherd offers a variety of resources for people in need of assistive technology devices, including education, evaluation and a lending library.
To learn more, call 1-888-44-REHAB (73422) or email us today!