- Press Room
- Recent Headlines
- Be Well Newsletter
- Allergies Impact Balance Issues
- AquaStretch Increases Flexibility
- Aquatic Therapy Aids Overweight Patients
- Better Balance Reduces Falls
- Childhood Speech Delays
- Fall Prevention for Older Adults
- Fitness Program for Kids
- Handwriting Still an Important Tool
- Hey, Adults - Let's Go Play!
- Improving Brain Timing and Processing
- Living with Spinal Stenosis
- Pilates as Physical Therapy
- Reuse and Recycle Adaptive Equipment
- Specialized Rehab for Cancer Survivors
- Sprains and Strains
- Stepping Toward Stroke Recovery
- Text Neck Headaches
- The Quarterback of Concussion Management
- The Truth About Weight Loss
- Treating Herniated Disc Back Pain
- When Fashion Causes Pain
- Success Stories
- Be Well Blog
Be Well Newsletter
Yard work. Long walks. Home repairs. The warmer weather has many of us increasing our activity level, and that can lead to some of the most common injuries – sprains and strains. It’s that “Oh no, what did I just do” moment when injuries occur but we’re not sure what is wrong. Is it a sprain, strain or...
Falls are the leading cause of fractures and spinal cord injuries for seniors. One in three adults over age 65 will fall at least once a year. An important part of preserving an older adult’s health is fall prevention.
Factors that may increase someone’s risk for a fall include...
With tablets and computers, text messages and emails, do we really need to know how to write by hand? Of course! We need to be able to fill out forms, write down notes and sign our signature. Handwriting is still an essential part of our lives and a vital skill for children to...
Many of us lead such busy lives that we forgo fun and recreational activities. Leisure activities are usually pushed to the bottom of our “to do” lists. When asked, many people are unable to identify personal leisure activities. But well-being requires a balance of work, rest and play....
People who are overweight may suffer from physical ailments such as joint and back pain, fibromyalgia and arthritis. These patients may find exercise daunting and/or painful, but aquatic therapy may be the answer.
You know that exercise is important for your good health, but did you know that exercise alone does not typically burn enough calories to produce significant weight loss? Dietary changes are responsible for about 80 percent of weight loss, so the secret of losing weight is changing eating...