Multiple Sclerosis Program: Inpatient MS Rehabilitation
Good Shepherd offers inpatient multiple sclerosis rehabilitation at four eastern Pennsylvania locations (see below), where you will receive three hours of physical, speech and occupational therapy each day.
A team of MS specialists, which is directed and monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, will work with you and your family to develop goals and an individualized treatment plan to reach them. Throughout your stay, you will meet regularly with the treatment team to assess your progress.
Each patient has access to 24-hour care from certified rehabilitation nurses and certified multiple sclerosis specialists.
Good Shepherd’s Multiple Sclerosis care team includes:
- Care managers
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Physicians specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Recreational therapists
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Respiratory therapists
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient MS Program:
- Assesses and treats the cognitive and emotional changes associated with MS
- Allows you to receive intravenous medication while having access to MS services
- Enhances your respiratory function
- Helps you and your family cope with MS through counseling
- Helps you develop leisure skills and interests
- Improves your swallowing and nutrition
- Offers pastoral care services to tend to your spiritual needs
- Provides continence training from certified urodynamics professionals
- Trains you in activities of daily living, including the use of adaptive devices and energy conservation techniques
The National MS Society has designated Good Shepherd and our partners at Lehigh Neurology as a Comprehensive Care Center for the treatment of multiple sclerosis . Learn more.