Multi-Trauma: Inpatient Multi-Trauma Rehabilitation
A team of specialists, which is directed and monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, will work with you and your family to develop goals and an individualized treatment plan to reach them. Throughout your stay, you will meet regularly with the treatment team to assess your progress.
Inpatient Multi-Trauma rehabilitation for children is available at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital Pediatric Unit.
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient Multi-Trauma Rehabilitation Program features:
- A team approach to treatment
- Cost-effective program components
- Professional case management
- Access to state-of-the-art therapy and rehabilitation technology
- Discharge planning to help you plan the next step
- Conferences and education for you and your family
Good Shepherd’s Inpatient Multi-Trauma Rehabilitation Program specialties:
- Our rehabilitation team is monitored by a physician specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Good Shepherd’s certified rehabilitation nurses (CRRNs) are specially trained to provide care to patients undergoing rehabilitation.
- Our expert physical, speech and occupational therapists provide three hours of therapy per day for each patient.
- Good Shepherd’s Department of Speech and Communications provides expert cognitive/linguistic treatment and offers a Dysphagia Program to treat swallowing disorders.
- Continence training from certified urodynamics professionals is available.
- Psychological services are available to help you and your family cope with the lifestyle changes brought about by multi-trauma injuries.
- Social work and professional case management services are available.
- Pastoral care is available to tend to your spiritual needs.
- Good Shepherd’s Adaptive Driving Program may help get you back on the road following an incident.
- Recreational therapy helps you get back into life and offers opportunities for social interaction.
- Vocational rehabilitation and other services are available.