Complex Wound Program
If you have a complex wound condition, such as new ostomies, wound dehiscence, diabetic arterial/venous ulcers, pressure ulcers, burns or pre- and post-flap surgery, you can benefit from Good Shepherd's Complex Wound Program.
We offer an integrated system of professional, clinical and technical resources designed to develop treatment plans based solely on patient needs. At Good Shepherd, our patients are integral members of the team throughout the treatment process.
Levels of care: Good Shepherd’s Complex Wound Rehabilitation Program is available to patients in our inpatient and long-term acute care settings.
Good Shepherd’s Complex Wound Program includes:
- Professional skin care and clinical wound management
- Electrical stimulation, ultrasound and pulsatile lavage, a leading-edge wound care treatment (peak to your wound care specialist for more information on these techniques)
- Discharge planning
- Nutritional counseling
- Conferences and educational services for patients and their families are available.
- Specialists will counsel patients on seating protocols to improve healing.
- IV therapy (TPN, antibiotics)
Good Shepherd Complex Wound Program Specialties include:
- Board-certified wound ostomy continence nurse specialists
- Physicians specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Physical therapy designed to increase strength and mobility and enhance wound healing
- Occupational therapy to assist patients in returning to their everyday activities
- Clinical nursing, including certified rehabilitation registered nurses
- Psychology services
- Care management services
For more information on the Good Shepherd’s Complex Wound Rehabilitation Program, contact us, or Request an Appointment.