Communication Skills/Aphasia Group
If you are an adult with a communication disorder who has completed a speech therapy program, Good Shepherd’s Communication Skills/Aphasia Group can help you maintain the skills you acquired in therapy. The weekly group, which is led by a certified speech and language pathologist, allows you to use speech and language strategies to interact with others and it’s a great way to meet new people.
The Communication Skills/Aphasia Group will help you with:
- Speaking sounds and words clearly
- Naming objects, people and places
- Using proper grammar
- Speaking without hesitation or repetition
- Understanding or maintaining conversation
- Gesturing, drawing or using a communication device
- Using strategies to improve communication
Good Shepherd’s Communication Skills/Aphasia Group meets every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital, Main 1 Conference Room, 850 S. 5th St., Allentown. The cost is $11 per session and no doctor prescription is required.