Cerebral Palsy | Celebral Palsy Rehab
If you or a loved one has cerebral palsy, Good Shepherd’s expert staff can help with rehabilitation services for your lifespan.
At Good Shepherd, we know that each individual with cerebral palsy has unique abilities and medical needs. Here, we work with you to develop goals and the appropriate treatment plan to help you reach them.
Levels of care:
- Inpatient rehabilitation for children with cerebral palsy is offered at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital Pediatrics Unit.
- Good Shepherd offers numerous outpatient rehabilitation facilities to help you with activities of daily living and more.
- If you can't make it to one of Good Shepherd's outpatient locations, we provide in-home therapy services throughout our service area.
- Good Shepherd's Outpatient Pediatrics Program is available for children with cerebral palsy.
- If you require 24-hour residential nursing care, Good Shepherd’s two long-term care facilities may be right for you.
- Many of Good Shepherd’s wellness programs, including fitness opportunities, home modification and more, are appropriate for individuals with cerebral palsy and their families.
Assistive and rehabilitation technology for individuals with cerebral palsy:
Good Shepherd is a Center of Excellence in the use of technology to enhance lives and augment rehabilitation for children and adults. At Good Shepherd, our team uses leading-edge rehabilitation and assistive technology, coupled with expert hands-on therapy, to help maximize function and increase independence in our patients. Learn more about the technologies available at Good Shepherd.
Good Shepherd’s Cerebral Palsy Program specializes in evaluating and treating:
- Muscle tightness of spasticity
- Involuntary movement
- Disturbance in gait or mobility
- Speech and language impairments or swallowing disorders
- Cognitive or linguistic impairments
- Continence issues