Good Shepherd Pediatrics: Mission Critical
As a father of three, I understand the importance of easy access to world-class pediatric services. At Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network (GSRN), our pediatric services include inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation and specialized care for children with developmental and physical disabilities. These services are nothing short of mission critical.
Families are pressed for time, but none more so than those who are affected by serious or chronic illnesses. For these families, life becomes a series of doctors’ appointments and therapy schedules. Visitation, transportation and appointment schedules have to be meticulously coordinated with work schedules and other child, sibling and family activities. There is an emotional and physical toll on each and every family member.
At Good Shepherd Pediatrics, expert care is available close to home. Inpatient services are available in Bethlehem, and outpatient therapy is offered at eight convenient Lehigh Valley locations, including: Allentown, Blandon, East Greenville, Hamburg, Palmerton, Quakertown and Souderton.
Families who live in the Lehigh Valley, Poconos or Western New Jersey don’t have to travel an hour or more to Philadelphia or Hershey to receive specialized care, but Good Shepherd Pediatrics offers families more than just convenience – we offer peace of mind.
Families can rest assured that they are receiving the highest quality care available – anywhere. Good Shepherd employs more pediatric specialists than any other provider in the region with certifications that include:
- Brain injury
- Sensory integration
- Assistive technology
- Augmentative and alternative communication
- Vital Stim
In addition, Good Shepherd Pediatrics has the most comprehensive inpatient and outpatient feeding program in the area, directed by a physician who specializes in pediatric physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Other highlights include:
- The only hospital in the region offering inpatient rehabilitation and other specialized programs to treat children (ages 0 to 21) who have an injury or illness, including: neurologic, orthopedic, developmental, cardiopulmonary, feeding problems, burns and conditions of prematurity.
- Therapy for children with developmental disabilities, including autism
- Leading-edge rehabilitation for children with physical disabilities and injuries
- The region’s only board-certified developmental pediatrician
- Pediatric assistive technology, including adaptive wheel chair evaluation and fitting and augmentative and alternative communication
If your child has ever needed stitches or suffered a broken bone, then you understand – when your child is injured, your world stops turning for a minute. Your child’s pain is your pain. For parents whose child suffers a more serious injury or illness or is diagnosed with a chronic condition, that minute can last months, years or even a lifetime. Good Shepherd Pediatrics is here to serve families – to help the child maximize function and independence while providing comfort and hope. In my mind, easy access to top-notch care is just one of many reasons why Good Shepherd Pediatrics is mission critical.
For more information about Good Shepherd's programs and services, call 1-888-44-REHAB (73422) or contact us.