AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
For Pain-Free Exercise Following Surgery or Injury
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation in Allentown uses the AlterG® anti-gravity treadmill as a rehabilitation technology tool that is part of an overall physical therapy program. The AlterG allows users to exercise at a reduced body weight, allowing for the safe increase of cardiovascular activity without additional wear and tear on the body.
Minimizing Joint Impact
The AlterG uses NASA technology to apply a lifting force to the body, allowing users to walk or run at 20 to 100 percent of their body weight. This reduces weight on the lower extremities and enables patients to move with a natural gait and rhythm while minimizing the impact on joints.
Reducing Recovery Time
Lowering the impact on joints and muscles during exercise may help reduce the time required for patients, particularly older adults, to recover from injury or surgery. In addition, surgical patients may be able to improve and/or maintain cardiovascular and muscular health sooner than waiting for incisions to heal in order to start aquatherapy.
A range of fitness and medical benefits:
- Pre- and post-surgical orthopedic rehabilitation
- Exercise with limited body stress
- Continued endurance training during injury recovery
- Reduced deconditioning resulting from immobility issues
- Reduced impact while performing strengthening exercises
For patients with:
- Post-surgical orthopedic conditions (knee, ankle, leg, etc.)
- Foot injury or post-podiatric surgery
- Back issues
- Lower-extremity injuries
- General deconditioning and gait dysfunction
Good Shepherd Rehabilitation
Health & Technology Center
850 S. 5th Street
Allentown, PA 18103
Learn more by calling 1-888-44-REHAB (73422) or contact us today!